This programme has been designed to better equip those involved in the retail sector to meet the challenges of the 2000s. Employees at all levels of the retail sector can benefit from this programme. This programme affords students the opportunity to gain retail knowledge and develop retailing skills. Much emphasis is placed on Retail Marketing.
The field of retail is large and opportunities for employment are available in many business organizations.
DESCRIPTION FOR RETAIL MANAGEMENT:
- Understand effective methods and strategies required for retail management.
- Understand how to utilize resources and techniques used in retail management.
- Understand analysis of store location, merchandising, products and pricing.
Objectives for Retail Management:
- To develop knowledge of contemporary retail management issues at the strategic level. To describe and analyze the way retailing works, specifically the key activities and relationships. To provide an academic underpinning to the above through the application of retailing theory and research.
- The retail industry is a key sector of vibrant economy. There is an increasing focus on creating clear skills and career advancement routes to raise the professionalism of jobs, improve customer service and retail productivity to make the retail industry an attractive long-term employment option.
- This course will train you exclusively in the processes, technologies and trends of retail management. The training aims to help both large as well as small retailers in Singapore to level up and introduce world-class service standards into the specialized field of retailing.
- You will engage in practical retail shop floor activities in our simulated retail store, 1st Avenue. This provides you with the necessary hands-on experience on the shop-floor level in the final practicum to facilitate your transition from education to the workplace.
- In your freshman year, training will focus on providing a strong business foundation and building your awareness of the nature and demands of the retail industry. In your Junior and Senior years, analytical and specialized subjects on the various aspects of retail management are offered. There is a strong emphasis on active learning and practical hands-on training in this course. You will be exposed to up-to-date computer-based learning materials and methodologies and software application packages currently used in the retail industry. Highly specialized skills will be acquired through subjects such as Merchandise Buying, Retail Visual Merchandising, Retail Promotion & Branding, International Marketing & Retailing and Retail Informatics.
he Logistics Management programme is designed to introduce participants on the latest technology and development in the logistics industry. It assists participants to achieve a high degree of effectiveness within the industry by providing wide range of relevant skills and talents to complement their experience in their scope of work. It is a 12-month part-time intensive programme and is ideal for participants who are or intend to be in this industry.
Description for Logistic Management
Logistics is about delivering goods on time and at the right time. An extra week that goods are stored in the warehouse can result in the loss of thousands of dollars in profits. Logistics and supply chain management play important roles in the overall marketing and business strategy. It can make or break deals. It is all about managing and controlling every detail of the operation for the effective flow of goods, services and information from the point of origin to the marketplace.
Logistics is that part of the supply chain which plans, implements and controls the efficient, effective forward and reverse flow and storage of goods, services and related information between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet customer and legal requirements. A professional working in the field of logistics management is called a logistician. Logistics management is known by many names, the most common are as follows:
- Materials Management
- Channel Management
- Distribution (or Physical Distribution)
- Supply Chain Management
Objectives of Logistic Management
The Logistics Management course aims to meet the demands by high value-added industries in China, Singapore and beyond. This specialized course trains students to meet the needs of the knowledge economy through information technology, having good quality education and developing the innovative spirit. With a focus on meeting the manpower needs of the global logistics industry, the Logistic Management develops you into a professional capable of planning, implementing and managing the challenges posed by today’s demanding logistics businesses. With efficient logistics management, you will play an important role in ensuring business competitiveness.